I just thought I would write a quick explanation about the inspiration for my blog's title: Beautiful...in His Time. Well, I guess it all started back during my senior year of high school at Mentor Christian School. My Bible teacher was teaching from the book of Ecclesiastes and 3:11a has always stuck in my head: "He hath made all things beautiful in his time..." At the time, that was a very aggravating portion of scripture. I shall explain; during high school, I never felt beautiful, never felt loved. I felt that I was the lowest of creatures to ever walk this earth. In fact, to be completely honest, most days I wished I could disappear completely because I felt so dejected by my classmates and other schoolmates. I didn't want to be beautiful "in HIS time;" I wanted to be beautiful NOW! That was so aggravating. It wasn't until I had gone to college that I learned the beauty of that verse and learned to glory in its truth. God is never done with me: I am a work in progress. Beauty is not merely external. It is the inward person of the heart that God finds truly beautiful (if it is a heart longing after Him). That is why my blog has the title it does. I may not be perfect (face it, no one is). I may not ever be the "Belle" of the ball, or the town beauty, but I am a child of the king and I can rejoice in this. One day I will be glorified and for this I do rejoice.
Also, I have learned that God truly works all things together for good--in the most beautiful way! So many times in life, I have wanted to go one direction, but God has pushed me another. Oh how those times were painful. He kept trying to shape me, but I did not want to form to his loving hands. I wanted my life to be one way, but He knew all along that his way was best for me. So truly, God has made all things beautiful in His time, and for this I am truly grateful. :)
Ecclesiastes 3:11a--"He has made all things beautiful in his time."
Romans 8:28--"All things work together for good for them who love God, to them who are called according to his purpose."
Romans 8:29a--"For those whom he foreknew he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son."
No comments:
Post a Comment